HE Yousuf Mohamed Al Othman Fakhroo
Minister of Administrative Development, Labour & Social Affairs
His Excellency Mr Yousuf Mohamed Al Othman Fakhroo was appointed Minister of Administrative Development, Labour & Social Affairs in November 2018.
His Excellency the Minister of Administrative Development, Labour and Social Affairs was previously appointed as Undersecretary of the Ministry of Administrative Development, Labour and Social Affairs in January 2017.
From July 2007 to December 2016, His Excellency worked as General Manager of Human Capital at Qatar National Bank.
Between March 2004 and June 2008, His Excellency was Deputy Director General of Operations of the 2006 Doha Asian Games Organising Committee.
From 1997 to 2004, His Excellency served as Executive Manager of Research and Development at Qatar National Bank’s Information Systems Department.
His Excellency served at Qatar Petroleum from 1990 to 1996 as Head of System Development.
His Excellency has a Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Computer Science from the University of Southern California, US.
His Excellency the Minister of Administrative Development, Labour & Social Affairs has overall responsibility for all Ministry affairs including:
- Supervising the implementation of the law, particularly around Qatar’s labour laws.
- Establishing and regulating the overall policies for human resources, including the nationalisation of jobs.
- Supervising the administration of the government human resources planning programme, and setting up scholarship policies for government authorities in line with the national plan for job nationalisation, as well as overseeing the state administration efficiency and the training of Qatari civil servants.
- Supervising the setting up of policies and plans for the recruitment of the workforce in the private sector and developing their skills, settling labour disputes, issuing work licenses and penalising related violations.
- Monitoring and follow up on the procedures of occupational safety and health, and inspecting companies and enterprises to ensure the implementation of the Labour Law provisions.
- Supervising the provision of social security services to beneficiaries, the implementation of housing policies, and publicising the registration of private societies and institutions.