The Government Communications Office (GCO) was established on 16 June 2015 under Amiri Decree no. 27 to coordinate communications across government and public sector funded agencies. The GCO falls directly under the jurisdiction of the Prime Minister.
The GCO communicates the priorities of the Government of the State of Qatar, works with ministries and other key organisations to tell Qatar’s story and supports government entities in responding to media enquiries in a timely manner.
The GCO is a valuable partner for the local, regional and international media, interest groups, the general public and others seeking to learn more about Qatar.
- Be the principle source of news and information related to the government of Qatar
- Present an accurate image of Qatar to the world, through clarifying facts and showcasing the contributions of Qatar in various fields
- Showcase the government’s vision, policies and programmes
- Provide communications support to the Government of Qatar and other entities
- Engage with local and international media outlets and respond to media enquiries through the GCO or by referring them to other government entities